I have a small suspicion that this baked avocado egg boats recipe (aka egg stuffed avocado) is close to becoming your new favorite breakfast. And let me tell you why. Baked avocado egg boats are essentially egg cooked in avocado which suggests they’re SUPER nutritious. additionally, to be super flavorful and delicious, they need protein, healthy fats, and are an honest source of fiber, because of the egg… and in fact, the star of the show… FRESH AVOCADOS!
I’m thrilled to once more partner amorously One Today to bring you this delicious avocado with an egg baked inside! I eat avocados almost a day and am excited to inspire you to try to an equivalent. Avocados can help curb bad eating habits, especially since they contain naturally good fats and are an honest source of fiber.
You may have grown up eating toad as a hole. And essentially, we’re making avocado egg during a hole. But rather than the bread, we’re using avocados.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED AVOCADO EGG BOATS
These egg stuffed avocado boats are a simple feed that’s stuffed with nourishment and simple to make, let me reveal you how to cook an egg in avocado:
- Wash and cut the avocados. Slice avocados in half, remove Hell, and scoop out a number of the avocado flesh so you’ll fit an egg into the well. (Snack on any extra avocado!)
- Carefully crack the eggs into the avocado wells. you would like to take care to not break the yolk.
- Season avocados and egg. Sprinkle the egg stuffed avocado with salt and pepper.
- Bake the avocados. First, you’ll bake for 7 minutes, then top the egg cooked in avocado with a sprinkle of cheese. (This may be a baked avocado with cheese, after all.) Bake again consistent with how well done you would like your eggs. See the timing range below.
- Sprinkle with chives and red bell pepper. These garnishes add slightly of flavor, color, and crunch!
Suggestions FOR cooking BAKED AVOCADO EGG BOATS
- Lean the avocados against one another or the sides of the baking dish in order that they’re upright and therefore the yolk doesn’t leak. you’ll want to use a smaller baking dish if you aren’t making the complete recipe.
- Don’t worry if a number of the white spills over. If you actually want to avoid it, you’ll place the avocado half during a small bowl, crack the egg into it, then move the avocado to the baking dish, leaving any excess albumen within the bowl.
ARE AVOCADO & EGGS GOOD FOR YOU?
Yes! Eggs and avocados are incredibly nutrient-dense foods.
Include fresh avocados in everyday healthy eating plans to assist increase fruit and vegetable intake and as a delicious, heart-healthy, whole food source of naturally good fats. a spread of fruits and veggies is suggested to assist control weight and vital sign , and avocados fit right in.
Pair the eggs and avocados together, and you’ve got a breakfast (or snack!) that’s full of protein, healthy fats, and many fibers. you’ll want to start out eating a baked stuffed avocado every day…
BAKED AVOCADO AND EGG NUTRITION
This baked avocado and egg recipe has some stellar nutrition stats! the complete nutrition stats are often found within the recipe card below, but here are the highlights, per egg boat:
|21 grams of fat – this is almost all unsaturated fat|
|6 grams of fiber|
|3 grams of net carbs|
|10 grams of protein|
CAN YOU COOK EGG STUFFED AVOCADO AHEAD OF TIME?
This recipe is best made fresh because you don’t want to re-cook the eggs or avocado.
If you would like to prep things beforehand, I’d recommend prepping the garnishes. This baked avocado and egg recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep, so it’s fast, albeit you don’t make it before time.