Baked Ziti is a simple, saucy, and cheesy pasta casserole. This has all of the good flavors of Lasagna but is straightforward to organize and serve as a pasta bake.
This delicious recipe forms with many sauce and cheese. Ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan make this a hearty, satisfying casserole and, if you employ a meat-free sauce, it is a vegetarian dish.
Feel free to form a meat sauce to feature in the pasta bake or use a store-bought marinara or traditional spaghetti sauce.
What is Ziti:
Ziti may a very fashionable tube-shaped pasta. Ziti gets its name from the word Zita, which suggests the bride. In Naples, Ziti is that the classic pasta served at weddings because of the Zita/bride’s pasta. Ziti goes well with fresh, light sauces like vegetable oil or an easy fresh spaghetti sauce. Ziti is additionally an excellent add-on to baked casserole dishes. Popular casserole dishes that include ziti are called pasta al forno, or oven-baked pasta, and have a mixed cheese base.
Baked Ziti recipe
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 jars (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese sliced
- 1 ½ cups soured cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Take a huge pot of gently salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and simmer till hard, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over mediocre heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and cook for a quarter-hour.
- Preheat the oven up to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a (9×13) inch baking dish. Layer as below: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, soured cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, resting ziti, mozzarella cheese, and remaining sauce mixture. Top by grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for a half-hour in the preheated oven, or till cheeses are melted.
Baked Ziti Tips:
- It’s important to cook your pasta hard. The pasta continues to cook once you bake it and you don’t want the ziti to be soggy.
- The recipe involves Italian sausage but employing a hot sausage will provide it with tons of flavors if you wish a touch of heat.
- If you would like to form before time and freeze, this Baked Ziti freezes well.
This Baked Ziti will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days. I highly suggest dividing the leftovers into single servings in order that they cool quickly within the refrigerator. This recipe makes 8 large servings, so once the servings are cooled completely within the refrigerator, you’ll transfer a couple of to the freezer for extended storage. Then each serving is simply a fast microwave faraway from being a filling last-minute dinner!
You can see more here http://crawlbeast2.blogspot.com/