Breakfast Casserole with Hashbrown is ideal for entertaining a crowd or serving up an easy weekend brunch. Made with frozen hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, and three different types of cheese, this savory breakfast casserole is often made beforehand and is meant to feed a crowd. Serve with homemade biscuits and salad for an easy yet delicious breakfast!
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is handily the simplest breakfast casserole recipe ever! it’s a simple, versatile recipe made with frozen hash browns, eggs, sausage, and cheese, that’s perfect for feeding a crowd, allergy-friendly, and may be made the night before or the morning of!
This is one among our top-rated recipes for a reason: it is easy, it’s quick, and it’s absolutely delicious. Combine frozen hash brown potatoes with sausage, eggs, and cheese for a hearty, 5-star breakfast or brunch casserole which will be prepped ahead and baked subsequent morning. Sauté one large onion and one bell pepper within the pork drippings for extra flavor and color. Tip from the recipe developer: to form mini frittatas, cook in 6-inch cast-iron skillets for a half-hour at 375. Top with sliced avocados, pico de gallo, and a dollop of soured cream and sprinkle with green onions.
What Makes This Breakfast Casserole The BEST:
There are a couple of things that make this breakfast casserole stand out above and beyond any others that I’ve had before for a couple of reasons.
I suggest using shredded or cubed hashbrowns for this recipe. Even O’Brien style with peppers and onions may be a great choice. In fact, I even have even used frozen tater tots or hash brown patties with great success. If you’d wish to start by making your own homemade hash browns which I often do because it’s very easy, there may be a great step by step recipe for homemade hash browns from Country Cleaver.
I love sharp cheddar because it contrasts with the sausage and eggs well and melts beautifully, but be happy to use any shredded cheese your family likes or has available.
I love this casserole made with homemade breakfast sausage, but any breakfast sausage you wish works. In fact, this recipe works great with leftover cubed ham, crumbled up cooked bacon, or keep this meatless and add in vegetables like peppers, onions, or mushrooms.
This recipe involves 6 eggs and that they will brag a touch as they bake. However, if you wish a thick layer of eggs, increase the number of eggs to 8 rather than 6.
It are often made ahead:
I prepare this breakfast casserole the night before entertaining than simply bake within the morning. However, it also can be prepped the morning of or baked and frozen for future use. It really is adaptable to what works best for your schedule.
This casserole is soy-free and nut-free. And it’s easy to seek out gluten-free breakfast sausage and gluten-free hashbrowns, making this breakfast casserole perfect for those with gluten sensitives or allergies, just make certain to carefully read both your sausage and hash brown labels.
Incredibly easy to make:
It seriously takes minutes to assemble this breakfast casserole. The toughest part is browning up the breakfast sausage. It truly is an easy, delicious recipe to use when entertaining at breakfast or brunch.
While the hashbrowns, sausage, and cheddar are a classic combo, you’ll use ham or bacon rather than sausage, add in vegetables, and switch out the cheese for Swiss or Gouda.
There are not any fancy ingredients or specialty items during this breakfast bake, making it very affordable.
Cheesy Breakfast Casserole with Hashbrown:
Serving size: Servings 6 to 8
Ingredients of Breakfast Casserole with Hashbrown:
- Cooking spray or oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound uncooked breakfast sausage, casings removed
- onion 1 medium, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen shredded potatoes (do not thaw)
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup soured cream
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Instructions of Breakfast Casserole with Hashbrown:
- Arrange a rack within the middle of the oven and warm the oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or oil; put aside.
- Heat the oil during a large frypan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned and not pink, 6 to 8minutes.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish, add the potatoes, stir to mix, and spread into a good layer.
- Whisk the eggs during a large bowl. Add the soured cream, milk, mustard, cheese, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper and whisk to mix. Pour over the vegetable mixture.
- Bake until the highest is light golden brown and a knife inserted within the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool for five minutes before slicing.
The casserole is often assembled, covered, and stored within the refrigerator overnight. Let sit at the temperature for 20 minutes before baking.
Leftovers are often stored in a covered container within the refrigerator for up to five days.
You can see more on our Blogspot https://crawlbeast2.blogspot.com/