Healthy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole with Rice maybe a baked casserole dish that’s gluten-free, keto-friendly, and has a lot of flavors. It’s super cheesy and excellent for once you need a complete meal for dinner. this will double up as an entremets or a main dish. To see Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole with rice recipe continue reading below.
Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole recipe:
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 large broccoli head
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 ounces cheese, at the temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon flavorer, more to taste
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using your hands, break the cauliflower and broccoli into very small florets. Place them during a steamer and steam them over simmering water until slightly tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Set them aside.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of the butter during a large skillet over medium heat, then add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle within the flour, stirring it into the onion mixture, and cook it for a moment approximately. Pour within the broth, stirring continuously, and cook the sauce, stirring occasionally, until it begins to thicken about 3 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts completely. Then stir within the flavorer, kosher salt, pepper, and paprika. close up the warmth and set the sauce aside.
- during a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and therefore the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and blend with a fork.
- To assemble, butter a little (2-quart) casserole and add half the broccoli-cauliflower mixture. Pour on half the sauce, top with half the cheese, and sprinkle on touch paprika. Repeat another round of the veggies, sauce, cheese, and paprika…then top the casserole with the buttery breadcrumbs.
- Bake the casserole for 25 to half-hour, or until the breadcrumbs are golden and therefore the casserole is bubbly around the edges. Serve it nice and piping hot!
The casserole is often assembled and stored within the fridge, unbaked, for up to 24 hours. Allow 10 minutes extra cooking time if baking straight out of the fridge.
This recipe can easily be doubled! Use all cauliflower or all broccoli, if you favor. Use sharp cheddar rather than Monterey Jack for a rather different flavor. Sauté 8 ounces sliced mushrooms with the onions and garlic.
Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole with rice recipe:
HEALTHY BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE is formed with cauliflower rice for a grain-free casserole that’s low carb and keto-friendly. This low carb broccoli rice casserole may be a hit with my kids and it’s very easy to throw together for a fast entremets any night of the week.
- 2 cups of rice
- head of broccoli and head of cauliflower, dig florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 10 twists of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, omit if sensitive to spice
- 8 ounces (about 2 ½ cups) freshly grated cheddar, divided
- 1 cup milk (cow’s milk tastes best but unsweetened plain almond milk works, too)
- ½ tablespoon butter or 1 ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs (preferably made with whole wheat bread, or I prefer to use these Kashi pita chips)
- To make the rice: follow this recipe, not the package directions. You’ll have an additional half cup – but a buddha bowl for lunch in the week.
- To roast the broccoli and cauliflower: Toss with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, until lightly coated on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and arrange it during a single layer. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the broccoli and cauliflower are tender and beginning to caramelize on the sides.
- To make the bread crumbs: Process the bread or crackers until their small crumbs. during a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, stirring often. Add the bread crumbs and cook for two to three minutes, until slightly browned and crisp. put aside to chill.
- Mix up cheesy rice: Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees. Add the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pot of rice, and stir to mix. put aside ¾ cup of the cheese for later, then add the remainder of the cheese to the pot. Pour within the milk and stir until the cheese and milk are evenly incorporated within the rice.
- Assemble the casserole: Pour the cheesy rice into a 9-inch baking dish (square round, or oval) and top with the roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Stir until the veggies are evenly mixed in with the rice. Top with reserved cheese and bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, until the highest is golden. Allow chilling for 10 minutes before serving.
You can see more on our Blogspot https://crawlbeast2.blogspot.com/