WhatsApp Web What is a great way to extend the features of the messaging platform to the desktop. The web client is easy to set up and use, it has the same visual interface as the mobile version of the app, and messages sync instantly between your phone and the web. Here’s how you can set up and use WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp Webwhat is it sounds like: a web portal that lets you mirror your phone’s WhatsApp experience on a desktop browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or anything else you like. In order to keep WhatsApp secure and private, WhatsApp Web is not a separate instance of WhatsApp that lives independently from your phone. Instead, it relies on your phone’s connection to WhatsApp to generate an initial instance, and then, by taking a photo of a unique QR code to authenticate, it brings that exact experience to the web. Once you log off from WhatsApp on your phone, the connection on the web is severed.
How it works:
To use WhatsApp on the web,what you’ll need to link the web client with your phone. To do so, navigate to web.whatsapp.com on your computer. Hence, You’ll see a QR code on the page, and you’ll have to scan this with your phone to link your account to the web version. Here’s what you’ll need to do on your phone:
- Open WhatsApp from the app drawer or home screen.
- Tap the action overflow menu (three vertical dots) on the top right corner.
- Hit WhatsApp Web.
- Point the phone at the QR code on web.whatsapp.com.
That’s all there is to it. Hence, Your account is now linked to the web client, and you’ll be able to use WhatsApp directly from your browser. WhatsApp lets you share documents, photos and videos, contacts, and even use your computer’s camera to take photos and share them. You can also view your friends’ stories, initiate new chats, change your profile photo, and use the search feature within chats.
Most of the features that you use on a day-to-day basis on WhatsApp on your phone are available here, and that makes WhatsApp a particularly great utility. If you’re not keen on running WhatsApp in a browser, you can download the Windows client and have it running natively on your computer.
WhatsApp Web QR Code:
WhatsApp Web helps you to access your WhatsApp chats over a desktop. But how to get started with it? To do it, you need to authenticate yourself first. And by authentication, we don’t mean what you do while logging in to Facebook or Twitter. The process here is slightly different but very easy. You don’t need an email ID, a username, or a password. Wondering—how does it work then? With a QR Code, also called—the WhatsApp Web QR Code. Firstly, a QR Code is a 2D barcode that can store information just like a barcode. You can think of it as an advanced form of a barcode. And unlike a barcode, you don’t need a handheld scanner to scan a QR Code. A Smartphone is all you need.
QR Codes are very popular in mobile payments and are used by WeChat, Paytm, BHIM App, Mobikwik, and many other mobile payment platforms. A QR Code can be scanned and decoded using an application on your smartphone. Just like payment apps, WhatsApp uses QR Codes to authenticate its subscribers and provide access to WhatsApp chats on your computer. You only need to scan the WhatsApp QR Code on your computer using WhatsApp on your smartphone.
QR Code Authentication for WhatsApp Web:
Remember when you first created a WhatsApp account? What credentials did you add? You only registered your phone number and verified it with an OTP, right?
Hence, you do not have a login or password to start WhatsApp.
So how do you access Whatsapp on PC? How does WhatsApp verify that it’s you and shows you the right chats?
It does this by using the logged-in WhatsApp app on your smartphone. That simply means your phone is your password. You can use it to log in to Whatsapp on your PC.
How to Access WhatsApp Chats on PC:
Here are some steps that you need to follow to do it:
- From your desktop browser, go to web.whatsapp.com. Or you can also download the Whatsapp Web desktop application for your PC/Mac.
- Now, on the main screen, you will see a black-and-white QR Code. Note that this QR Code is dynamic in nature. Hence, it keeps changing every few seconds.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone. Note that WhatsApp is now only available in iPhones, Android-based smartphones, and Windows phones.
- If you are an Android phone user, you need to click the three vertical dots on the top right corner. Then you will see the option WhatsApp WebOn the other hand, if you are an iPhone user, go to the Settings tab. Then, click on the WhatsApp Web/Desktop option.
- From this screen click on the ‘+’ sign on the top right corner to open the scanner. In iPhones, the scanner will launch automatically.
- Using this Scanner, scan the WhatsApp Web QR Code on your browser screen or desktop app. Once you do it, your phone will vibrate. And your authentication will be completed.
That’s it. You will see the chats loaded on your desktop screen. And you can then start chatting via your system. Note that you will need to keep your phone on and connected to the internet for WhatsApp Web to work. The phone acts as a server and if you switch it off or disconnect mobile internet, you will not be able to view your chats on Whatsapp.
How to log-out:
You have seen how to login to WhatsApp. And if you want to revoke the desktop access, you again need to follow some simple steps:
- Again, launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Go to the WhatsApp Web section on the phone.
- Next, you will see the option—Log out of all computers. Click on it.
That’s it. You will be logged out on your desktop. And doing this will also ensure that you do not get logged into any PC.
How to Secure Yourself from Whatsapp Hacks:
While using a QR Code has made it easy to access Whatsapp on PC, it is also made users vulnerable to hacks. Anyone who has access to your phone even for a few seconds, can view your chats on their PC or even mobile device.
WhatScan App Messenger for Android & iPhones:
If your partner or parent or friends have the Whatscan App Messenger, on their smartphone, they are probably spying on your WhatsApp chats. Here is the app for the iPhone.The Google Play Store seems to have removed the WhatScan app. However, Android users can still download the APK file from multiple APK sites. The Whatscan app simply mirrors the Whatsapp Web in a mobile app. Here is how it works:
- Say your partner downloads and opens the app, he’ll see a QR Code (Whatsapp Web QR Code).
- He’ll ask for your phone for a minute or two to ‘check’ something.
- It’ll then quickly open your WhatsApp and go to the WhatsApp Web section, which launches a QR Code Scanner.
- He’ll scan the QR Code on the Whatscan app on his device.
- That’s it. All your chats will now be visible on this app (just like Whatsapp Web) as long as your phone connects to the internet.
To ensure that no-one is spying on your chats, regularly visit the Whatsapp section on your phone and hit ‘Log out of all computers’.This will ensure that your WhatsApp is logged out and everyone will need to scan the QR Code again using your phone.
Whatsapp Web on PC:
Just like the WhatScan app, anyone can also scan the Whatsapp Web QR Code on a computer screen if they have access to your phone for a few minutes. Thus, they don’t even need to download an app. See the video below to secure yourself from Whatsapp hacks by friends and family members.
You can see more on our Blogspot https://crawlbeast.blogspot.com/